Lucy Clark Scottish Country Dance Club is a social and recreational Scottish dance club. We process certain personal data and we take the privacy of your personal data seriously.
The personal data we process relating to members and occasional dancers includes:
name, email address, phone numbers and postal address and is voluntarily provided by each individual. We are required to keep that data up to date.
We are required to have a positive opt-in from you, agreeing that the club may contact you.
We have legitimate interests in processing this personal data as part of the administration of the club and to be able to contact you with information on club events.
We take the security of your data seriously. The personal data is stored in password protected electronic files and computers, with hard copy data under lock and key.
We retain your personal data while you are a member of the club and for a period of one year after you cease to be a member, or from the last social contact in the case of occasional dancers.
Who has access to your personal data?
The Secretary has access to and uses your personal data on a routine basis; members of the committee hold a listing of members’ and occasional dancers’ contact details; the data processor manages the database and stores the information. We will not share your personal data with any third party unless there is a legal obligation on us to do so.
You have the following rights under data protection laws:
- The right to object to us processing your personal data
- The right to correct any mistakes in your personal data
- The right to restrict us processing any of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right to require us to delete your personal data
- The right to have your personal data provided to another
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, though we do not undertake this.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact the Secretary.